If you think that you have a cracked tooth near Roanoke and don’t know what to do, you have come to the right place. Dr. Greg Martin provides the best care for families near Roanoke and other surrounding areas. We are here to tell you what we know about cracked teeth, what we can do to help you, and how you can prevent cracked teeth from becoming a problem in the future.
What Do I Do When a Tooth is Cracked?
Find a dentist near Roanoke that is right for you. Dr. Greg Martin helps prevent tooth decay, restores cracked teeth, and creates beautiful and healthy looking smiles to families near Roanoke and surrounding areas.
How do I know my tooth is cracked?
Although you may think it’s hard to tell whether or not you have a cracked tooth, it’s a lot easier than you may think. When looking into this topic, a few questions you want to ask yourself:
- Does my tooth hurt when I eat hot or cold foods?
- Is eating hard food bothersome?
- Is there sharp pain in my jaw when chewing on food?
If these tasks cause you any sort of discomfort in your teeth or jaw, chances are there is a problem. To find the solution and ways to heal your hurt tooth, contact Smiles by Martin to set up an appointment right away.
What can be done to fix a cracked tooth?
There are many options that dentists offer when restoring tooth decay. During your appointment, we can discuss the best dental treatment option for you. Some of the options we offer at Smiles by Martin are:
- Fillings: A way to restore teeth through the use of a gold, silver, or tooth-colored plastic material known as resin fillings.
- Crowns: A cover made to look like a tooth that is placed over the filling to help restore its shape, strength, and appearance in order to hold a bridge in place or cover a dental implant.
- Bridges: Known as “false teeth”, which are created to fill in any gaps between one or more missing teeth held together by crowns on either side and cemented permanently into place.
- Implants: These are replacements for tooth roots that are a small post made of metal placed into the bone socket for a tooth to hold to.
- Dentures: These are replacements for any missing teeth and surrounding tissues made of acrylic resin and sometimes combined with metal attachments. A set of complete dentures replace all missing teeth while some dentists consider using partial dentures while natural teeth remain.
How can I prevent my teeth from cracking?
We encourage our patients to always brush and floss their teeth at least twice a day to keep our teeth bones healthy and strong. There are several other tips to prevent teeth from rotting and falling out.
Continue Treatment With Helpful Home Remedies:
There are ways that we can prevent our teeth from decaying at home. We suggest becoming more aware of the best oral hygiene habits for your teeth throughout the day, especially before you go to bed.
Tooth brushing: One way to prevent tooth decay is to brush your teeth at least twice a day. When brushing your teeth, it is important to move the brush in a circular motion, making sure to reach both the front, back, and sides of each tooth.
Flossing: Floss at least once every day to keep your teeth bones strong and healthy. What this does is irritates the food and gunk stuck in between your teeth. Although you may find it to be painful at first, you’ll soon find the discomfort of flossing will subside in time, and your teeth will thank you.
Rinsing: Don’t forget to rinse your mouth with water at the end of the brushing process. It is important to rid your mouth of all the excess stuff when you’re finished. Another helpful tip dentists suggest is to rinse your mouth with water after you eat throughout the day in order to prevent any food blockage within the cavities of your teeth.
If you feel like you have cracked a tooth and need us to check out the problem, don’t hesitate to call Smiles by Martin near Roanoke at 817-481-1041. We will set you up with the next available appointment right away.