Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder treatment is offered by Smiles by Martin in Grapevine, TX which is performed to relieve an unbalanced jaw joint. This may be a corrective option if you have moderate to severe jaw problems that can’t be resolved with cosmetic dentistry alone.
Did you know that our jaws have a lot to do with the way we look? Facial harmony is also achieved with TMJ treatment. When the jaws are moved forward or backwards, up or down, or rotated, the facial soft tissue in the chin, cheeks, lips and tip of the nose move accordingly. Therefore, once the jaws are correctly positioned a harmony between the facial features is acquired which results in a beautiful profile. TMJ treatment has an end result of both inner and outer influence for the social status of the patient.
Other benefits of TMJ treatment include:
– Making biting and chewing easier and improving chewing overall
– Minimizing excessive wear and breakdown of the teeth over years of use
– Correcting underbites, overbites and crossbites
– Improving “gummy” smiles where the lips don’t fully close or pull upward and show large areas of the gums
– Improving “toothless” smiles where the lips cover all the teeth
If you think you or someone you know may need TMJ treatment please don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Greg Martin of Smiles by Martin at 817.481.1041 for an expert opinion. And as always, we at Smiles by Martin are happy to answer any questions you may have about your dental health.